Re: Getting Type/Facet Info from Elements/Attributes

From: Bob Schloss <rschloss@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 14:36:34 -0400
To: Robert Winkler <winkler@assb01.arl.army.mil>, xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Robert,
     I believe those interfaces do not exist.
                You could also ask on xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org .
               Bob

Robert Winkler <winkler@assb01.arl.army.mil>@w3.org on 07/25/2001 05:31:05
PM

Sent by:  xmlschema-dev-request@w3.org

To:   xmlschema-dev@w3.org
cc:
Subject:  Getting Type/Facet Info from Elements/Attributes

Hi,

I'm using xml schema for IPC between applications (xerces-c 1.5.1).

I want to get back the xsd type and facet information of my
elements/attributes but can't seem to find a DOM or SAX interface for
doing so. The getType() interfaces appear to only give me the XML
datatype (so mainly just CDATA) but not the XSD info. And this appears
to be as advertised.

Is there no DOM/SAX interface for getting at this schema info or am I
missing something? Just wanted to check before I go through the trouble
of parsing the schema and saving the XSD info internally in the app.

Thanks in advance,
Robert Winkler