Getting Type/Facet Info from Elements/Attributes

From: Robert Winkler <winkler@assb01.arl.army.mil>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 17:31:05 -0400 (EDT)
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Hi,

I'm using xml schema for IPC between applications (xerces-c 1.5.1).

I want to get back the xsd type and facet information of my
elements/attributes but can't seem to find a DOM or SAX interface for
doing so. The getType() interfaces appear to only give me the XML
datatype (so mainly just CDATA) but not the XSD info. And this appears
to be as advertised.

Is there no DOM/SAX interface for getting at this schema info or am I
missing something? Just wanted to check before I go through the trouble
of parsing the schema and saving the XSD info internally in the app.

Thanks in advance,
Robert Winkler