From: Henry S. Thompson [mailto:ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 8:35 AM
To: Aung Aung
Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Subject: Re: key/keyref problem

Sorry I've been on holiday.  I agree with everything Priscilla has said
in this thread.

Ignoring the mistaken Primer example, the spec. actually says exactly
what your Conclusion 3. says, but goes in to more detail wrt cases your
summary doesn't cover.

"Aung Aung" <aaung@microsoft.com> writes:

> 3. What I understand your interpretation:
> In short, we need following 2 rules.... with them the confusion above
> will be clarified. (do I have it correctly)?
>     A <key A> is referable by all the <keyref A>s from only
> ancestor-or-self of the element that host the <key A>.
>     A <keyref A> can only refer to one of the <key>s defined in the
> decendent-or-self of the element that host the <keyref A>.

  Henry S. Thompson, HCRC Language Technology Group, University of
Edinburgh