RE: key/keyref problem

From: Aung Aung <aaung@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 10:45:37 -0700
To: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

Hi Priscilla and Eric,

I am just digging through key/keyref to find out other understand the
spec. Your discussion on the scope of key/key make some sense, however,

IF that is the case, that "Yes, that's correct.  The node table for the
key would not make it down to the sub element.  The instance is
definitely invalid.  I'm not sure that it is considered an error in the
schema - there doesn't seem to be a specific constraint on this.  But,
you would never want to write a schema that way because the ref
attribute could never have a valid value.",

THEN, the example in Prima-0 is totally wrong?
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/#report.xsd. It has a key
name="pNumKey" is defined on the parent but the keyref name="dummy2" is
a sub local element? And it goes in length to explain how it works.

How can that be happenning, how do one expects anyone to correctly
implement and use key/keyref across different implementation? I am just
wondering whether, Henry, can you post out some basic examples on
key/keyref to clear up some of these spec myth?

Thanks,
-Aung