RE: changes between schema versions

At 12:22 PM 5/26/00 -0400, Simon St.Laurent wrote:
>Is there any chance you could run that on the 4-00 and February-00 drafts?
>
>My Perl configuration is a giant snarl right now.

After massaging both the DTDs and my Perl configuration, I managed to get the
following:

                   New Elements/Attributes (DTD - Schemas 7 April)
        <attribute form>                 <attribute id>
        <attribute ref>                  <attribute use>
        <attribute value>                <duration>
        <duration value>                 <element form>
        <schema attributeformdefault>    <schema elementformdefault>
               Old/removed Elements/Attributes (DTD - Schemas 25 February)
        <attribute default>              <attribute fixed>
        <attribute maxoccurs>            <attribute minoccurs>
        <schema xmlns:dt>                <sic>
        <simpletype abstract>            <simpletype final>
                           Content Rule Differences
                                    <ANY>

  << old content rule <<
  EMPTY

  >> new content rule >>
  (annotation)?

                                <ANYATTRIBUTE>

  << old content rule <<
  EMPTY

  >> new content rule >>
  (annotation)?

                                <COMPLEXTYPE>

  << old content rule <<
  ((annotation)?,
   (((mininclusive|minexclusive)|
     (maxinclusive|maxexclusive)|precision|scale|pattern|enumeration|
     length|maxlength|minlength|encoding|period)*|
    ((element|all|choice|sequence|group|any)*,
     (attribute|attributegroup)*,
     (anyattribute)?)))

  >> new content rule >>
  ((annotation)?,
   (((mininclusive|minexclusive)|
     (maxinclusive|maxexclusive)|precision|scale|pattern|enumeration|
     length|maxlength|minlength|encoding|period|duration)*|
    ((element|all|choice|sequence|group|any)*,
     (attribute|attributegroup)*,
     (anyattribute)?)))

                                   <IMPORT>

  << old content rule <<
  EMPTY

  >> new content rule >>
  (annotation)?

                                  <INCLUDE>

  << old content rule <<
  EMPTY

  >> new content rule >>
  (annotation)?

                                  <NOTATION>

  << old content rule <<
  EMPTY

  >> new content rule >>
  (annotation)?

                                   <SCHEMA>

  << old content rule <<
  ((include|import|annotation)*,
   (simpletype|complextype|element|attributegroup|group|notation),
   (annotation|simpletype|complextype|element|attributegroup|group|
    notation)*)

  >> new content rule >>
  ((include|import|annotation)*,
   (simpletype|complextype|element|attribute|attributegroup|group|
    notation),
   (annotation|simpletype|complextype|element|attribute|attributegroup|
    group|notation)*)

                                 <SIMPLETYPE>

  << old content rule <<
  ((annotation)?,
   ((mininclusive|minexclusive)|
    (maxinclusive|maxexclusive)|precision|scale|pattern|enumeration|
    length|maxlength|minlength|encoding|period)*)

  >> new content rule >>
  ((annotation)?,
   ((mininclusive|minexclusive)|
    (maxinclusive|maxexclusive)|precision|scale|pattern|enumeration|
    length|maxlength|minlength|encoding|period|duration)*)

Simon St.Laurent
Building XML Applications
Cookies / Sharing Bandwidth
http://www.simonstl.com