Additional bugs in Apache release 1.1.1?

From: Lindsey McNerney <lindzer1@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 08:10:40 -0700 (PDT)
To: xerces-j-dev@xml.apache.org, xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Below you will find a copy of a sample XML file with
errors and the schema I am trying to validate using
xerces 1.1.1. I initially validated the files using
XMLSpy and all my errors were recognized. I know that
there are some bugs surrounding enumerated values and
minLength and maxLength in Apache that should be fixed
for the 1.1.1 release.  But I am getting some
additional parser failures...
Limitations of Finite Occurrences:
StoreName, the schema defines StoreName with a max
occurrence of 2, however the sample has 3 occurrences
and the file still validates.

Limitations of Facet Constraints:
The parser does not validate the values defined by the
min/maxInclusive facets.

Limitations of "Sequence" default for elements:
In this instance the parser does recognize if my
element order is out of sequence, however if there is
a schema with only two elements defined the parser
does not validate sequence, in other words three or
more elements must be defined in a schema for the
parser to validate the content model correctly.

Limitations of Data Typing:
The parser does not catch the incorrect value for
CreationDate?  Has any one gotten a type of "date" to

Has any on encountered similar problems?  Are these
also bugs in the current release?

sample file***
	<StoreNumber CreationDate="abcdef"
	<StoreName>My Store Incorporated</StoreName>
	<StoreName>My Store Incorporated</StoreName>
	<StoreName>My Store Incorporated</StoreName>
	<StoreOwner>Jim Smith</StoreOwner>

sample schema***
<schema xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema">
   <element name="Store">
	<element name="StoreNumber">
	  <complexType base="decimal"
	     <attribute name="CreationDate" type="date"/>
	 <element name="StoreLocation">
	    <simpleType base="string">
	       <enumeration value = "USA"/>
	       <enumeration value = "Canada"/>
	 <element name="StoreName" minOccurs="0"
	     <simpleType  base="string">
		<minLength value = "1"/>
		<maxLength value = "10"/>
	  <element name="StoreOwner">
	     <complexType content="mixed">
	       <attribute name="YearsOwned" type="integer"
	       <attribute name="OriginalOwner" type="string"
	   <element name="NumberOfEmployees">
	      <simpleType base="integer">
	        <minInclusive value="1"/>
		<maxInclusive value="2001"/>