schema parser limitations

From: Lindsey McNerney <lindzer1@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 13:00:22 -0700 (PDT)
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
I'm attempting to validate some sample XML documents
against schemas using both the Oracle schema processor
0.9 and Apache's Xerces-J parser v1.1.1 and am not
getting the expected results...When I validate the
following XML document and supporting schema using the
Apache parser, errors are not being detected e.g. the
schema defines the element order and a set of
enumerated values for the "StoreLocation" element,
however the elements are out of order in the sample
document and contains an incorrect enumerated value.

sample XML****
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
xmlns:xsi =
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation = "DevListApache.xsd">

sample schema****
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <element name="StoreName">
           <element name="StoreId" type="string"/>
	   <element name="StoreLocation" type="string">
	     <simpleType base="string">
	        <enumeration value = "USA"/>
		<enumeration value = "Europe"/>

Has anyone encountered similar problems?  Is this a
limitation of the current Apache parser or is there a
setting that needs to be configured for the parser to
perform full validation?  I've also had problems
getting the parser to validate the constraints of
minLength/maxLength facets.

I tried validating similar files with the Oracle
parser, this parser is able to validate element
content order and the minLength/maxLength and
enumerated facets, however it does not consistently
validate the presence of required attributes, does
anyone know about this limitation?

Do You Yahoo!?