Re: What does 'non-deterministic content model for type' mean?

At 00/12/23 13:57 +0000, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
>Michael Burns <Michael.Burns@sas.com> writes:
>
><snip/>
>
> > FWIW, xsv does eventually properly evaluate the instance and detect
> > the one
> > known irregularity in the content.  (shown below).
> > It just takes it 12 HOURS on my 400Mhz PIII !
>
><snip/>
>
>The reason is that you have a content model of the following form:
>
>  <choice min='0' max='unbounded'>
>   <elt ref='a' max='unbounded'/>
>   <elt ref='b' max='unbounded'/>
>    . . .
>   <elt ref='z' max='unbounded'/>
>  </choice>
>
>Determinising the resulting FSM is exponential in the number of
>elements, and is taking [approximately :-[ forever.
>
>Remove the max='unbounded' from all the refs, the language accepted
>won't change and it runs in about 30 seconds on an old Sun box.

Can we make sure that this example is added as a test case?
If there are implementations that change their execution time
just when something that is implicitly anyway the case is
said explicitly, it's quite surprising.

Regards,   Martin.