Re: Issue 500 is closed (was: [xop10] broken references section)

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 16:22:09 +0200
To: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Cc: xmlp-comments@w3.org

* Yves Lafon wrote:
>>  <http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/CR-xop10-20040826/>, [MTOM] and [SOAP
>> Representation Header] refer to their documents as Working Drafts but
>> point at the URI of the CR. Appendix B would benefit from following some
>> of the guidelines for references sections, see

>Please check the latest editors copies [3][4][5] and please tell the group
>if this satisfies your concerns.

It does, thanks,

>[3] http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/3/06/Attachments/XOP.html#references
>[4] http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/3/06/Attachments/OptimizationMechanism.html#references
>[5] http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/3/06/Attachments/Representation.html#references

but in [3] the Informative References section should also be updated
(adding hyperlinks). I did not check all the references but it seems
fine to me.

Hmm, the documents appear to be inconsistent with the guidelines spelled
out in Appendix C of the XHTML 1.0 Second Edition Recommendation, they
use

  <x lang="...">

instead of

  <x lang="..." xml:lang="...">

and

  <a ... />

instead of

specifically the latter is a problem for a number of user agents and
should be fixed before publication; you can use the Experimental XHTML
1.0 Appendix C Validator at

  http://qa-dev.w3.org/~bjoern/appendix-c/validator/

to find these problems. I did not check whether this also applies to the
published documents.

Thanks!