RE: Issue 501 closed

Martin,

Please see issue 502[1] which contains the IRI comments, the XMLP WG
just split the e-mail into more manageable chunks. Other comments
in-line.

Gudge

[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/xmlp-cr-issues.html#x502

We don't *need* to encode text based media types as base64. But people
are not disallowed from doing so. We don't have any specific tests for
this although I would observe that some of the MTOM test messages do
contain 'textual' binary parts and they were processed correctly by the
various parties. I expect that some of the messages in the Resource Rep
tests will be similar and I expect similar successfuly results.

The main point is, it is no *more* difficult to figuring out the
encoding of a resource with a text or XML based media type that you
retrieved directly over HTTP.

Gudge