RE: Issue 501 closed

At 03:39 04/09/24 -0700, Martin Gudgin wrote:

>Martin,
>
>Please see issue 502[1] which contains the IRI comments, the XMLP WG
>just split the e-mail into more manageable chunks.

Please don't tell me to look at issue 502 when I'm trying
to tell you that something is wrong in issue 502.
Fortunately, for whatever reason, 502 is fixed. Thanks.

>Other comments in-line.

Same here.

>Gudge
>
>[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/xmlp-cr-issues.html#x502

Any pointers?

>I expect that some of the messages in the Resource Rep
>tests will be similar and I expect similar successfuly results.
>
>The main point is, it is no *more* difficult to figuring out the
>encoding of a resource with a text or XML based media type that you
>retrieved directly over HTTP.

The main point from our side is that it's a very bad idea to garble
text as base64 when it can be sent directly.
A second point is that however simple some rules may be (and in this
case, they aren't simple), additional combinations most often lead
to additional unclarities, bugs, or whatever.

Regards,   Martin.