ContentID in MTOM

From: Martin Gudgin <mgudgin@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 08:17:16 -0700
To: <xmlp-comments@w3.org>

I was under the impression that in resolving issue
451[1] that we were mandating the use of the cid: URI scheme ( and the
corresponding ContentID MIME header ) when referencing MIME parts from
xop:Include/@href. However, I can find no mention of this in XOP[2] or
MTOM[3]. XOP in fact allows both Content-ID and Content-Location to be
used ( see[4] ), but I thought at the MTOM level we were restricting to
Content-ID only.

I note that in private mail, several other members have the same
recollection as me.

Gudge

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xmlp-comments/2004Feb/0013.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-xop10-20040608/