Fw: Describing which blobs are to be optimized.

fwd to our issues list

David Fallside
Data Management Stds
Tel 530.477.7169
(TL 544.9665)

----- Forwarded by David Fallside/Santa Teresa/IBM on 06/23/2004 07:33 AM
-----

             "Jonathan Marsh"
             <jmarsh@microsoft
             Sent by:                  <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
             xml-dist-app-requ                                          cc
             est@w3.org                "Jonathan Marsh"
                                       <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
                                                                   Subject
             06/22/2004 07:55          RE: Describing which blobs are to
             AM                        be optimized.

Dear XMLP WG,

Last week we approved this resolution of our Issue 207, which was to ask
you to add a reference to the Media Type Description note and
specifically mention that the expectedMediaType annotation could provide
a source of information for determining which blobs are to be optimized.
The specific text proposal below, and its position in the MTOM spec, are
of course examples useful in reaching consensus on the issue within our
group and you may find a better way to indicate this information in your
spec.

If there are objections to adding this material, please let us know.

Thanks!

On