Issue 486 closed

From: Martin Gudgin <mgudgin@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 03:27:10 -0700
To: <fujisawa.jun@canon.co.jp>
Cc: <xmlp-comments@w3.org>

Fujisawa-san,

You raised an issue, number 486[1] regarding presence of the XOP
namespace declaration on the root element in an example in the XOP
specification[1]. The Working Group agrees that the example is unclear
and will amend the example so that the namespace declaration appears on
the Include element. The working group does note however, that it is
possible for an original infoset to contain a namespace declaration for
the XOP namespace, provided it does NOT contain any Include elements.

I hope my explanation is clear and that this resolution is acceptable to
you.

If this resolution is NOT acceptable to you please let the working group
know as soon as possible.

Regards

Martin Gudgin
For the XMLP Working Group