XMLP Issue 396 Closed

From: Marc Hadley <Marc.Hadley@Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 15:49:44 -0500
To: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>
Cc: xmlp-comments@w3.org

Henrik,

You raised issue 396[1] against the CR of SOAP 1.2. The XMLP WG
discussed this issue ina recent telcon and decided on the following
course of action:

(i) Add a note to section 1.3 of part 1 as follows:

"This specification uses the term XML Expanded Name to refer to the
value space pair {uri,local-name} for a value of type xsd:Name.
Equivalent terminology is under consideration for inclusion in future
versions of [Namespaces in XML]. Should future versions of [Namespaces
in XML] adopt alternative terminology, we anticipate that corresponding
changes will be made to this recommendation in the form of an erratum,
or in conjunction with some other future revision."

(ii) Where appropriate, replace the term 'XML qualified name' with 'XML
expanded name' throughout part 1 and part 2.

We hope this satisfies your concern, if not please let us know by
responding to this message making sure to CC xmlp-comments@w3.org.

Regards,
Marc (on behalf of the W3C XML Protocol working group)

[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/xmlp-cr-issues.html#x396

--
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>