Re: Issue 253 closed

From: Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 09:37:20 -0400
To: "Martin Gudgin" <mgudgin@microsoft.com>, <xmlp-comments@w3.org>

On Monday 16 September 2002 09:27 am, Martin Gudgin wrote:
> You raised an issue[1] against the SOAP 1.2 Part 1 Last Call spec[2].
> The editors have decided to resolve this issue by taking no action. SOAP
> does rely on XML base and RFC 2396  for dealing with relative URIs. The
> editors did not consider it necessary to say anything about payload
> boundaries in this specification.
>
> Please let the WG know ASAP if this resolution is not acceptable.

It's useful when responding to comments if a WG can respond to the
substantive aspects so we ensure we at least have an understanding. Did the
WG choose to take no action because the think subsetting/detachment
processes (such as a removing a payload, or a partial XML Signature) will
*not* break across boundaries, or they agree that they will but it is not
their concern?