SOAP LC Issue 245

From: Nilo Mitra (EUS) <Nilo.Mitra@am1.ericsson.se>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 10:05:08 -0500
To: "'xmlp-comments@w3.org'" <xmlp-comments@w3.org>, "'reagle@w3.org'" <reagle@w3.org>
Joseph:
You raised the following issue against the SOAP 1.2 Part 0: Primer, which has been marked as LC issue 245 [1]:

#    Example 5b
#        <rpc:result>m:status</rpc:result>
#        <m:status>confirmed</m:status>

# This is a very odd sort of construct. I know it's just an example, but is
# this sort of thing expected to be the norm, I would expect:
#  <rpc:result><m:status>confirmed</m:status></rpc:result>

The Primer follows the main specifications in this formulation; so your issue is really an issue against the Parts 1, 2 specifications. A similar concern against the main specifications has been raised in Issue #299 [2].

Therefore, I intend to close this issue from the point of view of the Primer, and will revise the example only if the main specifications change as a part of the resolution of Issue 299.

I hope this is satisfactory.

Thank you
Nilo Mitra
Editor, SOAP Primer