Closing issue 168: type of referenced data

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek@systinet.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 12:18:47 +0100 (CET)
To: XMLP Comments <xmlp-comments@w3.org>
cc: Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>, Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>, <marting@develop.com>, <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
 Hello all. 8-)
 During yesterday's WG telcon we decided to close the issue 168:

 The resolution is that we add a text into the encoding section
(probably near the encoding rule #2) to this effect:
 "In case the receiving node cannot determine the xsi:type of a
node, for example because it doesn't follow a schema during
deserialization and the types are expressed in a schema, the node
MAY generate a fault with the faultcode of env:Sender and the
subcode of enc:UntypedValue."

 Editors, please add it to your to-do list. 8-)

 Best regards,

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   http://www.systinet.com/