Re: XMLP Issue 4 Closed (re DTD and PIs in SOAP Messages)

From: Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 10:22:35 +0100
To: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
CC: Noah_Mendelsohn@lotus.com, xmlp-comments <xmlp-comments@w3.org>
Larry Masinter wrote:
> It sounds to me that, rather than marking this issue "closed", it
> should be marked as an issue with the HTTP binding rather than
> with the main spec. That is, the issue remains but the locus of
> resolution has changed.

I'd propose that rather than leave issue 4 open (whose focus was the
action to take on receipt of messages including DTDs and PIs) we create
a new issue whose sole focus is to clarify whether XML declarations are
allowed/required in serialisations of the message.

Would this be satisfactory ?

Regards,
Marc.

--
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>
XML Technology Centre, Sun Microsystems.