Issue 53

From: David Fallside <fallside@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 16:40:59 -0700
To: xmlp-comments@w3.org
Cc: "John Ibbotson" <john_ibbotson@uk.ibm.com>, hugo@w3.org, ylafon@w3.org

John, I have taken the liberty of forwarding your text, in the role of a
proposed resolution, to the xmlp-comment list.
Hugo, pls add this to the 'proposal section' of issue 53.
53 will be on next week's telcon agenda for closure.

David C. Fallside, IBM
Ext Ph: 530.477.7169
Int  Ph: 544.9665

                    Ibbotson@IBMGB       To:     David Fallside/Santa Teresa/IBM@IBMUS
                    10/04/2001           From:   John Ibbotson/UK/IBM@IBMGB
                    06:29 AM             Subject:     Re: issue 53(Document link: David Fallside)

When this requirement and the resulting issue were generated, it was at a
time when the real scope of the WG was being established. It was uncertain
whether the WG would define any extension headers in addition to the core
specification. The optional parts referred to in the requirement relate to
any optional extension header that the WG may have defined. The mandatory
part refers to the core specification. In the light of the current WG
activities and direction (we are not defining any extension headers), I
think the issue is no longer valid and we can remove it from the list.

XML Technology and Messaging,
IBM UK Ltd, Hursley Park,
Winchester, SO21 2JN

Tel: (work) +44 (0)1962 815188        (home) +44 (0)1722 781271
Fax: +44 (0)1962 816898
Notes Id: John Ibbotson/UK/IBM
email: john_ibbotson@uk.ibm.com

                    Fallside@IBMUS       To:     John Ibbotson/UK/IBM@IBMGB
                    10/03/2001           From:   David Fallside/Santa Teresa/IBM@IBMUS
                    06:27 AM             Subject:     issue 53

John, issue 53 [1] stemming from req 504 [2] suggests that more
extensibility mechanism is needed. Can you elaborate on what this might be?

[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/xmlp-issues.html#x53
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlp-reqs/#N443
David C. Fallside, IBM
Ext Ph: 530.477.7169