Re: Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-daigle-uri-std-00.txt

From: John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 15:11:30 -0400
To: Miles Sabin <msabin@cromwellmedia.co.uk>
CC: xml-uri@w3.org
Miles Sabin wrote:

> But why should the URI-to-resouce binding be any more constant
> than the resource-to-entity body relationship?

What is the reason for flexibility?

> The President isn't always the same person, and whichever
> person it happens to be this week isn't always the same bunch
> of atoms.

Just so.  When you have a bill to be signed, you want to access
the resource named "urn:us-gov:the-president", to wit, the President.
Whichever (entity) body you get, currently Mr. Clinton, will be
able to do what you want.

If you want Clinton himself, you need a different resource with
a different URI, which will be bound to the same (entity) body
at the moment.

--
There is / one art                   || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
no more / no less                    || http://www.reutershealth.com