RE: I-D ACTION:draft-daigle-uri-std-00.txt

Simon St.Laurent wrote:

> Yes, and New York is an incorporated body - several, actually, with fixed
> geographic and political boundaries.  There's a there there, whatever the
> context may be.  There's no there there for http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml,
> which is pretty poor practice for a tool we expect people to use
> day in and day out.

Actually, there is a there there: an HTML 4.0 document!

I suppose that's as good as anything since nobody has publicly stated *what*
will go there.  Not stated, but hinted at ("wink, wink, nudge, nudge") since
Namespaces first stormed the bastions, and more recently as the thing that
does away with that horrid DOCTYPE declaration for xHTML.  (And since
Schemas don't do entities, how's that going to work for xHTML -- which will
presumably continue to have ©, etc.?)

URI comparison schemes and such are, I suppose, interesting, but it really
would be nice to know what the ultimate goal here is (if there is one),
besides of course making XSLT work.

/Jelks