xmlmd:foo

At 11:01 AM 5/30/00 -0400, Paul W. Abrahams wrote:
>There's another piece of the puzzle that needs to be filled in: having
some more
>or less standard way of attaching metadata to namespaces.  That's what I
>originally understood (according to the duck principle) that the namespace
name
>did.   TimBL initiated this whole brouhaha because that was his
expectation also
>(Tim, correct me if I'm wrong on that).  I think we need another attribute
for
>that purpose, and I nominate xmlmd:foo for the job.

Could you flesh out this proposal a bit more?

I like it very much, but I'm concerned that URI-related issues identical to
the ones we've been discussing here will crop up in xmlmd:foo work.

I'd also like to know what, if anything, your expectations for the resource
described by xmlmd:foo are.

Addressing these issues seems like an important part of any 'next step'
toward closing this discussion - I'm really hoping that this plan doesn't
lead us back into the same thicket.

Simon St.Laurent
Building XML Applications
Cookies / Sharing Bandwidth