RE: xmlmd:foo

From: Paul W. Abrahams [mailto:abrahams@valinet.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2000 12:42 PM

> It's pretty straightforward, really.  Here's the idea, modulo
> debugging and
> criticism.  The xmldm:foo attribute is used in conjunction
> with the xmlns:foo
> attribute.  It is a URL that locates (yes, really locates) a
> resource that
> contains metadata concerning the namespace.

Okay, I think I'm missing something here.  Aside from the fact that your
attribute(s) will optionally point to any type of resource, how is this
proposal different from the xsi:schemaLocation attribute (which some people
seem bound and determined not to use, since we have the namespace name
anyway)?

David Hunter
MobileQ
david.hunter@mobileq.com