Re: Namespace names: a semi-serious proposal

On ISO OIDs:

Everybody, who has one (for example 1.2.3) can give you your own
(for example 1.2.3.777), from which you can easily generate your 10**12:
1.2.3.777.1 up to 1.2.3.777.1000000000000

If your neighbour hasn't got one or didn't want to give you one, ask well
known agencies, for example:

http://www.isi.edu/cgi-bin/iana/enterprise.pl

See http://www.alvestrand.no/objectid/ for a website to
browse the ISO OID tree.