RE: A little courtesy, please

[...]

> While I'm glad to have been able to participate in the discussion, I'm
> really left wondering why this issue moved onto a public list
> when the 'Web architecture' that appears to be motivating it is under
wraps,
> apparently unquestionable.

On a related note its slightly frustrating to know that there apparently
a vote carried out by the XML Plenary on this issue, but there's been
no publication of what the voting was on, or the outcome.

If the issue is now in the public domain, then could this be publicised.
(The voters could remain anonymous I guess). Calling a similar vote
on this list (though whatever means) should at least help to
illustrate where the consensus lies.

My concern is that we've got a public debate without any supporting process.
Ultimately that may mean that a ruling will be unilaterally. If that *is*
the
process then great. At least its known.

(no particular axe to grind, just curious as to where we're going, and
how we're going to get there :)

Cheers,

L.