Re: Re Deprecate/Undefined (was Request for status dump andissues check)

From: John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 16:05:04 -0400
To: keshlam@us.ibm.com, "xml-uri@w3.org" <xml-uri@w3.org>
keshlam@us.ibm.com wrote:

> >The Infoset WD says that documents that aren't NS-compliant don't have
> infosets.
>
> Thank you, Sir John of Cowan. So if we declare that relative NS
> declarations are forbidden by the Namespace spec, that introduces no new
> special cases or conflicts.

Right.  The latest (internal) draft of the Infoset WD has no problem as
written with "forbid" or "literal", and simply needs a new property for
namespace information items if "absolute" is chosen, namely "resolved URI".

--

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>