Re: namespace usage as assertions

"Eve L. Maler" wrote:

> If you're serious about "points to," then despite your urgings when we did
> the original Namespaces work, we should not have used URIs for namespace
> names because pointing to something was "not a goal."

*sigh*

A URI *identifies* a resource.  A resource may be instantiated by zero, one, or
many entity bodies.  Thus the URI http://www.ccil.org/~cowan/scritchifschisted
identifies a resource with zero entity bodies: attempts to fetch the entity
body will fail.  (You cannot fetch a resource, because resources are abstractions;
you can only fetch the corresponding entity bodies).

--

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>