Re: 1343 messages later

Tim Berners-Lee wrote:

> For example, an application [reading a document] could chose to
> track the base URI or just object when it find relative URIs
> which it needs to compare, or a system could be set up in which
> litteral string comparison is used and relative URIs are used but never
> between documents (ie each local to the document).

This specifies the behavior of specific applications, but gives no
guidance to Infoset and DOM.  As I have said before, lawyers will tell
you that "the law is what the judge says it is", but this is no help
to judges, who are sworn to uphold the law!

--

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>