Re: 1343 messages later

At 07:38 PM 6/13/00 -0400, I wrote:
>At 04:12 PM 6/13/00 -0400, Tim Berners-Lee wrote:
>>I would summarize [1] as clarified as the abolutization in principle
>>but with it pointed out that in certain cases systems
>>can be demonstrably correct without actually knowing the base URI.
>
>That's unfortunate, because I summarize it as no absolutization in
>principle, but absolutization as something that can be layered on top of a
>parser by an application.

Reading this again, I'm realizing the genius of Microsoft's proposal, which
lets Tim and I both feel right, papers over the current philosophical
battle, and lets us all go back to work.

Maybe I shouldn't describe that situation so explicitly, but I've got to
admit that's not such a bad deal!

Simon St.Laurent
Building XML Applications
Cookies / Sharing Bandwidth