Re: How namespace names might be used

David Carlisle wrote:
[...]

> I would quite like you to expand on how
> you think your xhtml+mathml example should work, as for me that isn't
> an academic argument, making sure mathml works in such situations is
> part of the day job:-)

You just put a schema for XHTML at http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml ,
put a schema for MathML at
http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML (one that integrates MathML
into XHTML by saying, e.g. that <mathml> can be used as
an HTML block element), and an XML Schema validator
can then find those schemas and use them to check the document.

This seems straightforward; am I misunderstanding your question?

In case your question is about some detail of how this works,
I mocked it up at:

http://www.w3.org/XML/2000/04schema-hacking/xhtml-mathml-ex.html
http://www.w3.org/XML/2000/04schema-hacking/html-renamed
http://www.w3.org/XML/2000/04schema-hacking/mathml-renamed

I used
	http://www.w3.org/XML/2000/04schema-hacking/mathml-renamed
rather than the official MathML namespace to make
it clear that this is experimental.

I'm not 100% certain I got the details right... I was able to check the
two schemas, but checking the xhtml-mathml-ex document
exposed some sort of bug in XSV
	http://www.w3.org/2000/06/webdata/xsv
so I got sort of stuck. You might want to stay tuned
for replies to

crash... bug in XSV attributeGroups code? Dan Connolly (Tue, Jun 13
2000)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xmlschema-dev/2000Jun/0017.html

> > I believe I have rebutted David Carlisle's arguments.
>
> Ignored them, which isn't quite the same thing, but no matter.

I did not ignore them; I responded in messages at
Wed, 07 Jun 2000 13:42:36 -0500
Wed, 07 Jun 2000 16:19:29 -0500
Wed, 07 Jun 2000 16:59:33 -0500
Thu, 08 Jun 2000 09:28:10 -0500
Thu, 08 Jun 2000 10:48:05 -0500

I believe I addressed your arguments directly.