Re: A proposed solution

At 17:50 2000 06 08 -0400, Jonathan Borden wrote:
>How about (requiring this condition)
>
>    * Existing documents which have a defined infoset will continue to have
>a defined infoset.
>
>... in order to meet this I think XBase will need to be scrapped.

How so?  Not only doesn't XML Base have much anything to do
with the current discussion (see my previous posting [1]),
but existing documents couldn't have xml:base in them, so
how can existing documents be affected by XML Base at all?

paul

p.s.  Furthermore, any supposedly problematic situation you
can get into with XML Base, you can probably already get into
with external entities.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-uri/2000Jun/0429