well-structured? was: RE: what "huge problem" with XML Base? [was: red/green XML]

John Cowan wrote:

> You are using the word "well-formed" in the sense of "conforming to
> the Namespace Rec".  That will confuse people greatly.

I've been considering this today, and in so doing reread the XML Infoset REC
where it states that a document not conforming to the Namespace REC does not
have an infoset.

The problem is that there is no good term to describe such a situation. I
used "well-formed" thinking that this was the closest term. "Conforming to
the Namespace Rec" just doesn't cut it as a descriptive term.

May I suggest the term "well-structured" to define an XML document which has
an infoset?

Jonathan Borden