Re:

Tim Berners-Lee wrote:

> The web works by knowing that two URIs are equal
> and therefore identify the same resource.

Eh?  Did you mean to write "The web works *without* knowing ..."?
Or did you mean to talk about URI references?

> That subset will not be a scalable system.
> It will disallow someone to give their name to your <whatever>.

I don't understand how this applies to namespaces.  There simply *is*
no way, within the current constraints, for me to give my own name
to the XSLT namespace.  I have to use the published URI and nothing else
will do.

--

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>