Re: A proposal for namespace definition to parallel namespace declaration

From: Richard Tobin <richard@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 14:35:18 +0000 (GMT)
To: "David Vun Kannon" <dvunkannon@kpmg.com>
Cc: xml-names-editor@w3.org

The XML Core Working Group has considered your proposal, and concluded that
it is out of scope for our work on the XML Namespaces specification.

Namespaces In XML defines the syntactic mechanisms for using
namespaced names in XML documents.  The interpretation of namespaces
and constraints on their members are addressed by other specifications
such as XML Schemas.

If we understand your proposal correctly, it is essentially for a new
kind of schema.  We do not believe that such a thing should be
incorporated into the Namespaces specification.  And while it might be
of value as a separate specification, that is not a project that the
XML Core WG expects to undertake.

-- Richard