Namespaces 1.1 - Definition of "namespace name"

From: <Svgdeveloper@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 07:21:48 EDT
To: xml-names-editor@w3.org
It seems to me that the definition of the term "namespace name" in the
Namespaces 1.1 CR is confusing the notion of describing what the namespace name is
in a given situation with providing a definition for the term "namespace name".

I would suggest the following: [Definition: A namespace name is the IRI which
identifies a collection of names of element type names, attribute names,
function names and datatype names which constitute a namespace.] The suggested
definition assumes that the WG wishes to accomodate the inclusion of datatype
names and function names as used/suggested in W3C XML Schema, XPath 2.0 and
elsewhere.

Andrew Watt