Re: Response to comment on Namespaces in XML 1.1

Does this solve the confusion on inheriting namespaces? A brief look at the
JDOM
list will show hundreds of emails/posts arguing about inheritance and
Namespaces.

The most logical approach, for any developer of any language, is that an
element
or attribute is, by default, in the namespace of the parent's scope unless
specified
otherwise.  From what I understand, this is true for elements/nodes, but
not for
attributes.

For example, the intuitive approach would say:
that the "a" node is in the 'html' namespace (or the URI pointed to by that
name), and
that the "href" attribute is an attribute of the "a" node -- and in fact, a
schema would
enforce this.  From what I understand of all the arguments of the spec, the
"href" attribute
above is in the "no namespace" you are talking about because it is not
prefixed with "html:".
This is very counter-intuitive because it is in the scope of the "a" node
which is in the scope
of the "html:html" node...

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Malachi