From: merlin <merlin@baltimore.ie>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 18:41:36 +0000
To: xml-encryption@w3.org

What is the origin of our requirement that NFC be applied to XML content
that is serialized from a "legacy encoding"?

I'm just not clear why an encryptor should be concerned with this.

The current problem I have is that if I apply NFC to XML data that are
covered by a signature, then verification of the decrypted data fails
if NFC actually does anything.

Should it not be the responsibility of the application to do NFC if it
cares about it?

I would search the W3C archives, but the gateway is returning an error,
as it often does.

computer viruses.