Re: Decryption Transform processing question

From: Takeshi Imamura <IMAMU@jp.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 14:12:28 +0900
To: reagle@w3.org
Cc: merlin <merlin@baltimore.ie>, xml-encryption@w3.org

Joseph,

>> By the way, it seems that the draft does not contain any description
>> about "parsing context".  Shouldn't we add it, possibly to Section
4.3.1?

>Sure! Back in January [2] I was trying to provide a sensible definition of

>"parsing context" and you suggested something akin to "fragment context
>information" but its definition, by itself, wasn't that informative to me.

>However, please propose text if you can!

We have the following text in [1]:

The transform operates over a node-set X, and its parsing context , which
consists of the following items:

* Prefix and namespace name of each namespace that is in scope for the
first element node in X.
* Name and value of each general entity that is effective for the XML
document causing X.

Can't we reuse this with slight modifications?

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/CR-xmlenc-decrypt-20020304

imamu@jp.ibm.com