Encryption overview comment

From: Amir Herzberg <AMIR@newgenpay.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 12:54:13 +0300
To: "Xml Encrypt (E-mail)" <xml-encryption@w3.org>
Hi all,

In message
Joseph adopted a minor modification I suggested to the `shorthand`
high-level description of DSIG appearing in the spec. I now looked more
carefully also at the `shorthand` which Don used to provide high-level
description of XML Encrypt object.

Let me offer some new text to describe the shorthand and a slightly improved
shorthand version, to be consistent btw DSIG and XML Encrypt and more well

We show below, in a simplified, `shorthand` notation, the structure of XML
Encryption. Elements appear zero or more times if followed by "*", zero or
once if followed by "?" and once or more if followed by "+". When not
followed by a symbol, elements appear exactly once. Attributes were removed,
as well as the contents and end tag of some elements. The `wildcard`
character `*` is used instead of an element name to denote an arbitrary

Best regards,
Amir Herzberg
CTO, NewGenPay Inc.
SMS (urgent only!): _subject_ of email to aherzberg@walla.co.il