Signing and Encryption

From: Yongge Wang <ywang@certicom.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 13:32:22 -0500
To: xml-encryption@w3.org
cc: "Simon Blake-Wilson" <sblakewilson@certicom.com>
I am not sure whether this has already been discussed in this group... (I did
not find this kind of info
from the archive).

General signature schemes should not be assumed to hide info about the content
signed ...
therefore if the content is encrypted, then the signature should be also.

Now the problem is that when try to encrypt something, we should have a
mechanism to check whehter
the content has been signed somewhere else... Any suggestion on this?

Yongge