RE: Initialization Vector

From: Joseph M. Reagle Jr. <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 10:54:51 -0400
To: Ed Simon <ed.simon@entrust.com>
Cc: xml-encryption@w3.org
At 09:22 9/14/2000 -0400, Ed Simon wrote:
>My guess is that it might be unacceptable to do XML parsing when
>presenting encrypted video.  Any comments on this?  I just can't
>see a re-syncing mechanism, which is operating under extreme time
>constraints, attempting to parse an XML instance to get the info
>it needs.

I don't know much about this sort of thing either, but the paragraph above
makes me think of SMIL:

http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/Activity.html
W3C's Synchronized Multimedia Activity has focused on the design of a new
language for choreographing multimedia presentations where audio, video,
text and graphics are combined in real-time. The language, the Synchronized
Multimedia Integration Language (SMIL) is written as an XML application and
is currently a W3C Recommendation. Simply put, it enables authors to specify
what should be presented when, enabling them to control the precise time
that a sentence is spoken and make it coincide with the display of a given
image appearing on the screen.

__
Joseph Reagle Jr.