Encrypting parts of a Text-Node

From: Christian Geuer-Pollmann <geuer-pollmann@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 10:15:13 +0100
To: xml-encryption@w3.org
Dear XML Encryptors,

I asked at the workshop, but I didn't get the solution:

How do we handle the following: A text node is split into two (or more)
text nodes and some of them are beeing encrypted. I agree that this SHOULD
NOT be allowed, because if we don't mark up the to-be-encrypted text -
include the text in a dedicated element - the text is not important enough
to be encrypted separately.

But IF we do so - we cannot see this from the resulting ciphertext. Shall
something like that be mentioned in a spec?

Christian