Re: Clarify that documents with DOCTYPE but without markup declaration are not subject to validation

On 19.1.2014 21:29, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
> Therefore, my proposal is to extract rules or guidance for what to do
> when the DOCTYPE declaration points to no markup declaration and place
> this into the 6th edition of XML. (Or to put it differently: define
> what to do when the DOCTYPE lacks an internal or external DTD.)

I don't think this makes sense. Whether validation is done is decided
not by document itself, but by processor you use -- in terms of XML 1.0
spec you can use validating or non-validating processor.
(http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#proc-types)

If some tool triggers validating mode on encountering <!DOCTYPE> then I
suggest appraoching developers of such tool and ask for some option that
will allow control of such behaviour.

I don't think that behaviour you describe is generic and is implied by
statements in XML 1.0 spec.

    Jirka