Re: Regarding XML Proposed Erratum 71

Paul Grosso writes:
>Right, but I think this erratum is wrong, so I'm asking to
>reopen this issue.  A system id should be a string to the
>XML processor, and that's what production 11 makes clear.
>Escaping may be necessary before doing something URI-ish
>with the string, but that should be done by the process
>doing something URI-ish, not the XML processor.  Norm
>explains how an entity resolution process is one example
>of why the XML processor should not to the escaping.

I agree with Paul.

A question that I have is should the XML processor be looking for
escaped characters in SystemLiterals in XML docs, and in the URLs
used to open the document entity, i.e. getSystemId(), and in some
way "unescaping" them to get the "string" used within the XML
processor ("reescaping" on the way back out) ?

Regards,
Glenn