From: James Clark <jjc@jclark.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 16:34:56 +0700
To: xml-editor@w3.org
I found the wording of E86 very awkward and rather confusing.  In
particular, it would be clearer if it said explicitly that it was
talking about *external* parsed entities. The best I've been able to
come up with is "To simplify the tasks of applications, the characters
passed to an application by the XML processor must be as if the XML
processor normalized all line breaks in external parsed entities on
input, before parsing, by translating both the two-character sequence
#xD #xA and any #xD that is not followed by #xA to a single #xA