RE: End-of-line processing and attribute normalisation

From: Richard Tobin <richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 12:44:40 GMT
To: (wrong string) çois Yergeau" <yergeau@alis.com>, "'Richard Tobin'" <richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>, <xml-editor@w3.org>
Ok, I understand your points.  But now I wonder what the point of
adding the phrase "after the end-of-line-normalisation..." was in
erratum E24.

Would it perhaps be better to remove that phrase, and instead add a
note to bullet point three saying that it is the same process of
line-end normalisation that is referred to in 2.11, and can therefore
be achieved by the same pre-processing suggested in 2.11.

That is, a processor which follows the suggestion in 2.11 and
normalises line breaks on input before parsing does not have to (and
must not) do anything further to fulfill bullet point three.

-- Richard