errata list errata

From: <schererm@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 11:07:47 -0700
To: xml-editor@w3.org
cc: mpogue@us.ibm.com

Hello,
I have been reading the XML 1.0 TR and its errata -

often times, when one erratum obsoletes another one, the older one gets an
"Obsoleted by xyz". At least two of those seem to be missing:
E37: Obsoleted by E67
E1: Obsoleted by E44

This really helps navigating the errata.

Also, E44 should have similar font settings as the part of Annex F that it
replaces: Only the byte sequences should be monospaced, the explanatory
text should be in the default style (proportional).

In general, I find the XML TR _very_ hard to read with 67 (so far) errata
attached to it, and I am sure that many people do not read them, or do not
read them thoroughly. I find the corrections in the errata very important,
and many of them are classified as substantial in the list itself.
Is there any plan for a consolidated XML TR that has all of the errata
merged into it? When will this happen?

Thank you,

markus