Re: Undefined terms

From: C M Sperberg-McQueen <cmsmcq@uic.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 13:21:45 -0600
To: RMouritz@cccis.com
CC: xml-editor@w3.org, cmsmcq@uic.edu
>Having given up looking for user-readable descriptions, I read the
>recommendation front to back.  Here's a couple things I've noticed:

Both noted; we'll try to fix them next time around.  For
the record, (a) you're right about #PCDATA (the term is from
'parsed character data' -- i.e. character data within which
the parser does look for < and &), and (b) in the short term,
URI can be taken as meaning URL, though in the long run it's
expected that other forms of uniform resource identifiers will
be defined and widely implemented; right now uniform resource
*names*, for example, have been defined, though not yet widely
implemented.  The intention is to leave the door open to the
use of URNs, etc., when they are available.

Thanks for your comments.

-C. M. Sperberg-McQueen
 University of Illinois at Chicago
 cmsmcq@uic.edu, tei@uic.edu