Undefined terms

From: <RMouritz@cccis.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 16:46:42 -0800
To: xml-editor@w3.org

Having given up looking for user-readable descriptions, I read the
recommendation front to back.  Here's a couple things I've noticed:

1.
#PCDATA is never defined.  I eventually inferred that this simply means
non-markup character data.

2.
URI is not defined.  For the definition, the reader is pointed to other
references.  However, these references are not hyper-linked.  Simply
expending this acronym would help.  But I'm sure I could find the
references if I'd look.  Without understanding URI's, I can't figure out
how to reference a public identifier.

In any case, the recommendation is readable, given a little concentration
(and this is the first W3C recommendation I've read).  Good job.

     Rick Mouritzen
     Software Engineer, Architecture Team
     CCC Information Services Inc.